SharePoint Server User CAL – Enterprise (Discounted)
A SharePoint Server Enterprise user client access license (CAL) can be used only in conjunction with a SharePoint Server Standard user CAL. It authorizes a user to access additional features in SharePoint Server from any device (for example, when an employee accesses the server from a computer at work and another at home).
This offer provides one Enterprise user CAL. Enterprise device CALs — for providing devices with access to additional features — and Standard CALs (user and device) are also available.
The Enterprise device CAL provides access to additional features in SharePoint Server, including
- Business Connectivity Services: SharePoint can manipulate external data, both online and offline, from other instances of SharePoint and from Office applications.
- Access Services: You can make changes to and publish Access databases directly from SharePoint.
- Enterprise Search: The enhanced version of SharePoint's search feature allows you to search, filter, and sort up to 100 million documents.
- InfoPath Forms Services: You can create form-based applications in InfoPath and deploy them to SharePoint.
- Excel Services: Excel workbooks with PowerPivot can be published as interactive reports and dashboards within SharePoint.
This license does not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and management licenses (MLs) offered through TechSoup Japan are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.