News items from TechSoup.org Community
My name is Kathy Tillotson and I am the ED for Build Futures and a new nonprofit user of Salesforce. I wanted to see if anyone has purchased additional licenses for Salesforce after the first 10 and what they cost? I would also like to know the cost of training and what is recommended.
Thank you for your help, I am looking forward to participating in the forum.
I just accepted a support role working with the Development Director of small nonprofit. Currently they are using DonorPerfect. I will be starting at their busiest time of the year and have never used the software. Does anyone have any tips on where I should start to perhaps educate myself at home before starting? Are there any reference guides like Spark Notes that I could reference?
I would appreciate any input anyone could provide.
(please excuse the inconsistent font size in this posting but I had trouble keeping it the same when I cut and pasted. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you)Gateway Public Schools is conducting a search for a full-time Communications Associate. The position is open immediately. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Communications Associate will perform responsible, professional work in the areas of marketing, writing, editing, media relations, publications, and social media. Key priorities of the position include:
- Write all of the school’s collateral materials for internal and external (public) audiences; work with outside designer to create pieces as requested by the Development Director and Head of School; assist with scheduling photography and videography as needed; write and edit news releases as assigned.
- Create systematic, innovative forms of communication using the website and social media to communicate with Gateway constituencies in an effort to expand communication with the community at large. Work to insure timely school newsletters and information (i.e. GATE and Communigator) are produced and posted to the website and respond promptly to those who write in and initiate partnerships using social media to raise awareness.
- Work with the Executive Director, Development Director, Tech Director and Outreach Committee to develop a new website. Oversee content management of website and support development of future web-based initiatives.
- Work with Development Director to write/edit grant proposals as assigned.
- For Event Communications, manage calendar listings and pre-event press as necessary, attend school functions/events to manage photography and create post event press pieces for timely submission.
- Work with the Enrollment Director, Alumni Coordinator, Development Associate and Gateway staff to ensure seamless coordination of communication within Gateway and with the outside community.
- Assist Director of Development and Outreach in determining annual communication budget needs.
- Staff outreach committee and as needed assist on other development activities and projects.
· Strong writing and editing skills including experience in writing press releases and articles.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
· Strongly motivated to work in the education field, with sensitivity to the unique culture of an academic environment.
· Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with a variety of personalities with tact and diplomacy.
· Attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy.
· Ability to work independently, but also to be part of a larger team.
· Knowledge of effective use of emerging communication technologies, including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and other social networking sites
· Familiarity with Mac.
· Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Previous experience with Filemaker Pro platform would be an advantage.
· Willingness to work with students.
· Familiarity with the Gateway community is an advantage, but not required.
· Bachelors Degree required.About Us Gateway High School is an award-winning San Francisco public charter high school founded in 1998 by a group of parents and educators who believed there was a need in the Bay Area for a smaller, personalized, college preparatory public high school with a commitment to and expertise in serving a diverse student population, including a significant number of students with learning differences. In the fall of 2011, Gateway will open a middle school in San Francisco. Gateway has been named a California Distinguished School, a designation given to only 2% of California public schools. Gateway is the first charter high school in the state to receive this distinction two times. In 2009 100% of Gateway students were accepted to college. 98% are currently enrolled, with 72% attending 4 year schools. 37% are the first in their family to attend college. Most importantly, 95% of Gateway’s alumni report that Gateway prepared them for the challenges of college. Gateway Schools welcomes children, families, faculty, and staff that reflect the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. Salary Salary is commensurate with experience. Gateway Schools offers competitive benefits. To Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining why your experience is appropriate for this position to: Tina McGovern at email@example.com
I am considering purchasing Symantec's Small Business Suite. I am wondering about the length of the license. I am assuming that I would have to renew my licenses to continue to receive anitvirus updates after a certain point of time is that correct?
Thank you for any help!
I noticed that all Cisco products are out of stock. Does anyone have any idea as to when they replenish the stock? I need a couple switches. Thanks!
I currently have a dreamweaver web site (software was Studio MX 2004) A volunteer wants to redesign our site but I need to purchase a new copy of dreamweaver for him to do this. I was allowed on the first purchase to download this software to two machines. Is that still the case or do I need to pay for two licenses?
Or, would my old software work on the newly designed site even though it is older?
Happy Thanksgivng , and thanks for any input.
We are a small church located in Raytown, Missouri which is just outside of Kansas City. We want to setup a smalI computer center (8-10 system) for neighborhood use. I am looking for any information that will help me setup the center.
Please see website [link removed by admin]
We are Piton Inc. a 501(c)(3) that provides support to veterans transitioning from military to civilian careers. We provide career training, workshops and retreats for veterans. We help colleges and universities provide the support, services and programming that veterans need to join and complete a college or graduate degree. We work with organizations to bring together educational and recreational retreats. We have recently been providing webinars for students and alumni who are veterans. We are hoping to expand and provide this directly to veterans and to provide a low cost way for community colleges to provide programming for veterans.
We are hoping that Techsoup will help us identify and acquire the technology to provide this support. www.pitoninc.org
We would love to hear the ideas and experiences from other organizations. Also, if your organization would be interested in partnering with us, let us know!
President, Piton Inc.
We are in dire need of an updated phone system for our Administrative Office. If anyone is upgrading or you know of someone who may want to donate a phone system to us, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is small and requirements pretty basic. We are a 5 person office, need auto attendant, voice mail etc.
Tampa Crossroads is a non profit which was founded in 1977 and has developed an extensive non-profit service continuum including both residential and non-residential treatment programs. The Veterans Employment Network Program is our newest Veteran-specific endeavor, and a fitting addition to our existing ATHENA Program, which is the only transitional housing within the State of Florida specifically designed to address the unique needs of homeless female Veterans. Additionally, Tampa Crossroads offers the Veterans Counseling Program, which is free of charge to both active and inactive military personnel, including Veterans of all wars.
Thank you in advance.
I recently placed an order for 2 Microsoft items (Office 2010 for PC and Office for MAC 2011). It shows that it was all sent, but I only received one but not the other. I've searched everywhere on the TechSoup site for what I need to do but cannot find anything to help me report this. I did send an email but still have not heard anything from anyone.
Does anyone have a opinion regarding Sage MIP Accouting Software
Hello i purchased an Evo recently and i wanted to know if there is anyway i can transfer the Notes from my Palm Pre to the Evo.
I want to show a YouTube video as part of a presentation. However, I will not have internet access during the presentation. Is there a way I can download a YouTube video so I can show it even if I'm offline? Not sure how to do this if it's a video I didn't upload originally.
My name is Ma'ayan Alexander. I live in Jerusalem and work for Shatil - an initiative of the New Israel Fund.
In my work I consult social change organizations about using intenet tools and I also manage Shatil's website.
I first met Techsoup about 2 years ago. My predecessor was subscribed to Techsoup's newsletter and I kept getting it. I find it useful and helpful, and I hope I can contribute from my experience and knowledge to this community.
Do you have experience setting up a low-cost phone system for your office? Have you opted to go with a POTS (plain old telephone service) option or VoIP? Did you go with a third-party company to get your hardware? And what features came with your setup? Like, can you dial by extension or have calls forwarded to your cell phone if you're out of the office?
Share your low-cost phone system tips and advice here. If you've experienced a setup that also DIDN'T work out well for you (either for its functionality or your bottom line), feel free to share that too.
It'd be great to know how many lines you were setting up so other nonprofits can gauge whether it's likely to work for their needs too.
This software was bought through TechSoup as a donation but I cannot find a detailed step-by-step installation guide of this NFR software. For example at what stage does one enter the license key? Do you load the software and not put in the NFR key till after first installation? If you enter the key as you follow the non-nfr guide you end up with errors indicating that you need agent add-ons but there seems to be no way you can add those except by purchase. Any help would be appreciated.
Coastal Christian School is a small K-12 school that has been in Arroyo Grande, CA for the last 40 years, and its phone system isn't much newer. In a recent emergency drill it became obvious that we also need an intercom system. A newer phone system would solve both issues.
If anyone is upgrading their old system and wants to donate it, we would be interested if your old system does the following: has or is upgradeable to 20 stations (handsets), has voice mail, has intercom all-call capability.
You get a great tax deduction and we get communication and safety.
Contact: Bob McLaughlin, 805-489-1213 or Dr.Bob@coastalchristianschool.com